OK Corral Gun Club
- Related Titles
Working Sous Chef
III. Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Serve as “second-in-command” of the kitchen. Assist the executive chef in supervising food production for all food outlets, banquet events and other functions at the club. Supervise food production personnel, assist with food production tasks as needed and assure that quality and cost standards are consistently attained.
- Job Tasks (Additional Responsibilities)
- Prepares or directly supervises kitchen staff responsible for the daily preparation of soups, sauces and “specials” to ensure that methods of cooking, garnishing and portion-sizing are as prescribed by standardized recipes.
- Assists the executive chef with monthly inventories, pricing, cost controls, requisitioning and issuing for food production.
- Assumes complete charge of the kitchen in the absence of the executive chef.
- Assists executive chef with supervision and training of employees, sanitation and safety, menu planning and related production activities.
- Consistently maintains standards of quality, cost, eye appeal and flavor of foods.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Makes recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the kitchen and its equipment.
- Prepares reports, arranges schedules and costs menus and performs other administrative duties as assigned by the executive chef.
- Personally works in any station as assigned by the executive chef.
- Helps plan energy conservation procedures in the kitchen.
- Assists in the development of training and the provision of professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Consults with dining service personnel during daily line-ups.
- Assists in maintaining security of kitchen, including equipment and food and supply inventories.
- Assists in food procurement, delivery, storage and issuing of food items.
- Expedites food orders during peak service hours.
- Supervises trains and evaluates kitchen personnel.
- Coordinates buffet presentations.
- Checksmise en placebefore service time and inspects presentation of food items to ensure that quality standards are met.
- Reports all member and guest complaints to the chef and assists in resolving complaints.
- Monitors kitchen employees’ time cards to ensure compliance with posted schedules.
- Submits ideas for future goals, operational improvements and personnel management to executive chef.
- Understands and consistently follows proper sanitation practices including those for personal hygiene.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Performs other appropriate tasks assigned by the executive chef.
V. Reports to
Executive Chef /Food and Beverage Manager
Dishwasher and any Prep Cooks
Please send cover letter and resume to Daniel Leavy at FB@okcorralgunclub.com
To apply for this job email your details to FB@okcorralgunclub.com