Website Mariner Sands Country Club
Mariner Sands Country Club is a private, gated country club community of warm and friendly residents, beautiful homes and lush surroundings on Florida’s Treasure Coast. In addition to two championship golf courses, a premier tennis facility, and a spa and fitness center with a year-round social and club calendar, our members and their guests enjoy some of the finest dining on the Treasure Coast. The main dining room at the club offers award-winning cuisine in the unrivaled ambience of a gorgeous wrap-around golf course view. The grill room offers more casual fare in a relaxed setting.
Sous Chef Job Purpose:
Works alongside Executive Sous Chef to manage daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, aiding with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking. Provides meal quality and consistency by following designated recipes.
Sous Chef Job Duties:
- Leads kitchen team in chef’s absence and provides guidance to all kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooks, prep cooks, and dishwashers
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance
- Manages food and product utilization minimizes waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns
- Supervises food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and club standards
- Works directly with Executive Sous Chef to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities
- Assists with menu creation and is a hands on sauté position during ala carte dining
- Prepares soups and sauces
Reporting directly to the Executive Chef, and as member of the Management team, this individual will take the lead role in all ala carte dining at the club. Supervise employees and assure that quality and cost standards are consistently attained.
The qualified candidate will have a minimum of 2 years culinary management experience. We are looking for a polished chef, with the ability to stay organized, plan ahead and remain calm in a high volume environment that also has ample business acumen and P&L knowledge. Our chef must be collaborative and comfortable incorporating constructive suggestions and direction from the leadership team. This is an incredible opportunity for a culinary professional who is hard working, positive, passionate and inventive.
Mariner Sands offers a competitive compensation and benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, 401(k) match as well as golf and tennis privileges and educational expenses. For consideration, please contact Amy Milliard, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com